Productivity Tips for Freelance Web Design: Investing in Website Design Software
Article by Ko Fai Godfrey Ko
With the tremendous growth in web designing a lot of small web development companies have been set up by home based freelancers.
Freelance web designers and developers abound catering to small and medium enterprises all wanting to have their online presence felt. However, freelancers earning potential are limited by the amount of time and effort they can allocate to projects.
The longer they take to complete a particular website design project, the less than they can allocate to other projects, hence limit their income opportunities.
Using web design software, freelance web designers can produce more with less time, hence increase their revenue. Investing in a website design software is like getting another skilled designer to work for you – for an once-off payment of a single software purchase! That would mean a significant increase on the productivity of freelancers, which is a very important factor in increasing revenues from projects and jobs.
On top of that, there are several other advantages that freelancers can get from using website design software, including but are not limited to the following:
1. Readily available website templates can be used for fast and easy website construction. Web developer can insert their own images and text to these templates, quickly build a tailor made website for their clients.
2. Multimedia content such as images, MP3 music and even video clips can be easily added to the website templates, thereby increasing the options for freelancers to improve the look and feel of the websites they are producing.
3. Website design software are often designed for easy usage. There is no need for additional sophisticated web design skills and knowledge, to create websites and elements. The interface is usually easy to learn or WYSIWYG based, making it fast and easy for freelancers to produce full websites at no time at all.
4. Freelancers wanting to enter the world of web design but does not have the time to study flash, HTML or any other programming languages can start their business using these easy-to-use but very powerful tools.
5. The websites produced using these website design applications are easily readable in any commercial or open-source browsers from the most popular operating systems equipped with the latest flash players.
These website design software applications come with bundled or stand alone website tools that can enhance the web building experience even more.
Throw in multimedia players, flash slide shows and albums, interactive calendars and even digital maps-depending on your customer’s needs. Your income potential become much higher as your customer would see them as valuable addons to their websites.
About the Author
Ko Fai Godfrey, website software and developer since 1996. Developed software including a website calendar, flash menu builder, website builder, interactive map builder and video player.